Big brother

On Monday, November 6 at 8:18 am, Dominick became a big brother with the arrival of Noel Thomas. The baby weighed eight pounds, two ounces, and measured 21 1/2 inches long, making him the same length as Dominick at birth but nearly a full pound lighter. Also like his older brother, Noel came out with a full head of dark hair. Noel bears a striking resemblance to baby Dominick, so it will be really interesting to see how he grows up. Maybe he'll get Mike's dark hair and my brown eyes.
It's hard to believe how quickly my pregnancy went and that the baby is already two weeks old. So far, Dominick has adjusted surprisingly well. Jealousy has not been a problem. In fact, Dominick is affectionate toward the baby, showering him with kisses and asking to hold his hand. Sometimes he can be too rough, but it's only because he doesn't know any better, not because he's trying to be mean. Noel eats constantly, yet Dominick isn't upset by the amount of time I'm spending on feedings. He'll just observe that "baby Noel is eating" and go about his business, which usually involves wasting battery power in as many ways as possible. I actually asked Santa for rechargeable batteries for Christmas this year.
Overall, things are going smoothly since Noel was born. This may change when I'm on my own with the two boys for the first time. My recovery has been easier this time, though there's still some residual pain. Dom knows that my belly hurts, so he'll say "kiss it...all better." What a sweet boy. He'd be sweeter if he'd remember how to sleep past 5:30 am. Just in case he doesn't, I think I'd better sign off now and get myself to bed. Good night.

1 Comments:
Yeah! I was hoping we'd get an update soon on the new baby. It's great to hear Dominick is being so good with Noel. I'm a little worried about John being jealous when the new babies get here, so it's nice to hear a success story! :)
Post a Comment
<< Home