Upcoming evaluation
I had a call from the school district late last week to set up Dominick's evaluation for the SSD program. Actually, it was less to set up and more to tell me when it will be: November 20 at 8:30 am. Not the best timing, perhaps, but I guess we'll have to deal with it somehow. Typically, the evaluation would be done closer to Dom's third birthday, but with the holidays coming up, they wanted to schedule it sooner. That could be a good thing if he doesn't qualify, as it will give us more time to find another option for preschool in the spring.
Today begins our very busy week. On top of all the errands and therapy sessions and preparing for the wedding festivities, Dominick desperately needs a haircut. One of our goals in First Steps is to get him to tolerate grooming activities, including haircuts, a little better. I've actually done it myself this year after the last two or three trips to the salon turned into nightmares. However, because of Dom's impatience, I have to spread it out over a period of days or weeks. There's not time for that now, so I'm just going to take him tomorrow morning to have it done. Check back later to see how well it goes.
Speaking of grooming, today Dominick actually requested to have his nails trimmed and went to get the clippers for me. He didn't let me cut them all, just the one or two that were bothering him. He's also started asking for diaper changes when he's dirty (or thinks he is--sometimes he gets confused). Well, he'll tell me that he needs a diaper change, but then he won't submit to it easily.
That's it for now. Wish us luck tomorrow!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home