I'm glad that's over with!
The haircut went pretty much as expected yesterday. First, Dominick refused to wear the cape, so he got hair all over his clothes. Then, there was much shouting "off! off!" during the haircut, and he kept standing up and leaning over, trying to get out of the little yellow taxi. I had to stand there with my arms around him to keep him in the car, so I also got covered with hair. We'd put on a video of Elmo's World, but Dom didn't pay much attention to it.
The worst part was when the little boy in the next seat (a fire truck) started crying. For about a week now, when Dominick hears another kid cry, he screams and bounces and hits whatever happens to be closest. Yesterday, that was me, so I got whacked in the face several times. This behavior started when we were eating out last week, and a girl who must have been about four tripped on her way to the table next to ours. She fell quite gently onto the carpeted floor but reacted as if she'd broken several bones. Dom got upset in the manner described above, saying "fall down" repeatedly. So now, any time another child is crying, no matter the cause, Dom throws a fit and says "fall down." I guess it's good that he's showing empathy.
Despite all the drama, the haircut came out alright: not great, but alright. The front is uneven, so I'll have to do something with it so Dom looks perfectly handsome in the wedding photos this weekend.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home