Action words
Last time, I was talking about Dom's need to start using some verbs. Well, he's done it a couple of times since then, and all by himself. First, he pinched his finger between two doors last night and said "finger hurt." Then today, on one of our many trips to visit the fan upstairs, he sat down on the top step and said "sit." Actually, I think he's also said "chase," like when he's on his tricycle and wants to chase me (or Mike) or have us chase him. He'll say "Mommy chase," regardless of who he wants to do the chasing.
We'll be seeing family in Joplin this weekend, and I'm excited for them to hear the difference in Dom's speech since our trip two months ago. At the time, he was really only saying little words like "up" and "Pop." So much has changed since then! I hope he does better being around people this time. He had some intense moments in May when we were there, but things have improved lately, so maybe I don't need to worry.
Have a good weekend, everyone!

2 Comments:
An update from an unbiased source: MAGNIFICENT! Dom was such a sweetie this weekend; so much fun. I loved hearing him sing "wheels on the bus" & count. His obsession with fans brought unfortunate results when he poked his finger in & found out what happens when you touch a fan blade. But the way he says "band-aid" is so cute. He did so much better with the puzzles this time. Brilliant boy!
p.s. I forgot to mention the best thing of all about the weekend visit--I got my first kiss from my grandson. So sweet!
Post a Comment
<< Home