Oh no!
If you needed any proof that Mike is Dominick's dad (and you know I don't mean it in that sense, so don't even go there!), this is it. Yesterday, Mike was shooting baskets with Dom's Little Tikes basketball goal, and after a shot, Dom would say "he shoots, he scores." How scary is that? Cute, because anything said in that sweet voice has to be cute, but scary all the same. I worry that, like Mike threatens, I'll be hearing Hootie songs and "Kung Pow" quotes out of my little boy before too long. I don't think I could bear that!
What else is going on? Obviously, Dom is talking all the time now. He can really communicate effectively with words, which makes things so much easier. (If only he always listened as well!) We're trying to get him to say "I want ___", though usually he just fills in the blank, rather than saying the whole sentence. He can be very polite at times, asking for "more [food, stories, truck, pieces] please," and then other times he is very impatient and demanding, like when he shouted "watermelon! watermelon!" (It was canteloupe, but whatever.) Dom is working on the alphabet song and counting to 20. Some of his current favorite words are stop sign, fire hydrant, vent (still), applesauce (still), straw, light, that way, big truck, car, wagon, paper, and upstairs. Then there's my favorite...Mommy.

1 Comments:
Oh, my my! I want to hear all of this, first hand!
Post a Comment
<< Home