Dominick's Progress Report

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Hi and bye

While we were at playgroup this morning, Carol called to let us know that Jacqui is available to provide Dom's occupational therapy and should be contacting us soon. Now if only she has a morning slot...I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Speaking of playgroup, Dom took a long time to warm up, but by the end, when there weren't as many people there, I was able to get him to say a word for our friends. It was really exciting because, like I said yesterday, he just hasn't been that vocal around other people. I picked up part of a Noah's ark toy that had a roof on it and asked him to tell me what it was. He said "house." Perfect. Then, as everyone was leaving, he came running to the front door saying "bye bye bye." He also did this after we were already in our car, but he could still see Emily's as she drove away. He said "bye" again after I said it when talking to Mike on the phone after we got home. So that is officially one of his words now. No more "buh." He says "hi" clearly, too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home