Today's milestones
Three things happened today:
1. Dominick copied horizontal and vertical lines, something he didn't do during his OT evaluation. I was very proud.
2. He shook his head for "no." Previously, he's done this weird thing where he jerks his head and says "da!" for no, but this was the first actual head shake. Again, I was very proud.
3. He tried to jump off a book. This was something we'd tried to get him to do before, but he never even showed any interest. This time, he did, though he really just stepped off quickly, one foot at a time. It was very cute, and I was proud of him for trying.
Also, we went to the park, and after much struggling and fussing on his part and much forcing on my part, I succeeded in getting him into the swing for 11 minutes. He just hung there, leaning against the front of the swing, legs dangling straight down, as he was swinging. I wish he could enjoy it. Last week some other little kid about his age was riding in the swing, and he was laughing and smiling the whole time. I want Dom to have as much fun.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home